Education and Therapy Support to schools
SBHQ Education and Therapy Service (ETS) supports students with Spina Bifida and Hydrocephalus and other spinal cord abnormalities, in schools throughout Queensland. This is partly through funding from the Department of Education and Training, NSO (Non School Organisations) program. (Click here to find out more about NSO programs).
How can we help??
Our focus is on collaborating effectively with your school to support your students’ development and education and to help them to participate fully in all aspects of school life.
- We provide disability specific information and resources to educators and other support staff - we're happy to customise professional development sessions
- We collaborate with educators and other support personnel to best support the student at school- we are happy to arrange a school visit
- We contribute to the development of ICPs (Individual Curriculum Plan)and ISPs (Individual Support Plan).
- We are are able to share strategies that support learning outcomes and active participation in the curriculum.
- We provide Therapy support - mobility, equipment needs, fine motor skills, communication, eating and swallowing, self care and more.
Referrals for support from SBH Queensland can be made by schools for students who have a verified disability and who require significant levels of educational adjustments as outlined in their Education Adjustment Profile (EAP). Students also need to be registered with SBH Queensland. Referrals should be made by the child’s school with the consent of the parent or caregiver. Download our school referral form here.