The Children’s Team at SBH Queensland provides family support, therapy and education advice for children with Spina Bifida and/or Hydrocephalus. Our Children’s Team includes physiotherapists, occupational therapists, social workers, speech and language pathologist, and education advisors.
Family support and therapy services include:
- Support and counselling throughout the pregnancy and after your baby is born
- Visiting the family in hospital and when your baby comes home
- Information for New Parents booklet
- Playgroups, information sessions, hydrotherapy and family events
- Regular telephone contact, home visits, and outreach trips to families living in regional areas
- Providing family support for families when they are attending medical appointments such as Spina Bifida Clinics at the Children’s Hospital