The Children’s Team at SBHQ provides family support, therapy and education advice for children with Spina Bifida and Hydrocephalus. Our Children’s Team includes physiotherapists, occupational therapists, social workers, speech and language pathologist, and education advisors.
Family support and therapy services include:
- Support and counselling throughout the pregnancy and after your baby is born
- Visiting the family in hospital and when your baby comes home
- Information for New Parents booklet
- Playgroups, information sessions, hydrotherapy and family events
- Regular telephone contact, home visits, and outreach trips to families living in regional areas
- Providing family support for families when they are attending medical appointments such as Spina Bifida Clinics at the Children’s Hospital